неділю, 14 листопада 2010 р.

Marina and the telescope)))

IMG_2070

My friend Natasha and I had a chance to see the observatory yesterday. I love old telescopes and observatories (so I try to visit each and everyone).
This telescope is older than 120 years! Now it serves only for excursions, 'cause the observatory has new, modern equipment with all that digital jazz going on. But this one, old and cute, is the part of our astronomic history. With this telescope one of the scientist was able to come to the conclusion that Jupiter, like Saturn, has rings too. And later this theory was proven right by Voyager flyby mission!


I had a great weekend thanks to my friend and nice warm weather. I'll post some pictures later, but now I just want to curl under the blanket with a cup of hot green tea and few delicious apples, and to read the book I've bought yesterday on the International Book Fair (I've also bought 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson - I've seen the movie and now can't wait to read the book).


Have a nice Sunday (mine is almost over, but I know that in some countries it's just starting)

1 коментар:

  1. I like visiting observatories and planetariums, too. I sometimes wish I'd gotten my degree in Astronomy rather than Art History. But I also realize this would have meant many long, late, cold hours in an observatory!

    I have heard several good things recently about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo film. I'll have to give it a try.

    ВідповістиВидалити