пʼятницю, 12 травня 2017 р.

My trusty WEARdrobe: revisited

Hello, amazing people!

Last year I wrote a blog post about 9 wardrobe staples, that survived 3 years of travelling between countries and continents, and still were in a great condition. That post you can find here.

00

This year I thought that it would be fun to revisit those old "friends" of mine and see, how they are doing now. So click to read more. Also check my corresponding YouTube video and remember to thumb it up and subscribe, if you like my content.



As you already know, in 2013 I moved to Thailand with 20 items of clothing in my suitcase – two pairs of shorts, two t-shirts, two skirts, two dressy tops… I have a post focused on my wardrobe at that time, I believe I linked it in the previous post on this topic. It was not my decision to bring such a small capsule wardrobe with me, but in the end, everything turned out quite nice and this situation taught me to live with less and be very happy with this situation.

Then I came back home, to Kyiv. And then I moved to Italy. Twice. If you are following my adventures in one way or another, you already know the story. And when I moved to Palermo for the second time, I noticed, that every time I go abroad, I tend subconsciously to bring the same 9 core items with me, because they proved to be trusty and durable. 

So last year they were all still with me and doing their job nicely. And what happened to them during this year? 

I divide the items into four categories – the things that are still going strong, the things I’m planning to update, but still use, the things I’ve updated and the things I said goodbye to. 

So  things that are still going strong:

1. Parka – I still love this piece and very excited to wear it, as the weather became warmer. 
2. Aztec scarf – Still going strong and looking like new, but I’m getting a bit tired of it.

revisited 01

3. Tote bag with sheep - I'm still loving it, still using it, still planning to go to Vilnius and buy a bunch of them for the future, as they are amazing. 
4. Leather bag – I bought this bag a thrift store in Kyiv at least 5 years ago and I still use it a lot. It’s not a fancy bag, but perfect as a casual piece. I can see a lot of wear on the leather, but I think it will be with me for as long as it can function as a bag. 

Things I’m planning to update, but still use:
1. Skirt – I am very excited to wear it this warm season, as it still has a lot of life left in it. But I see some signs of wear on it and already started looking into upgrading it.
2. Sunglasses – this sunglasses lived through many adventures and in a few months will retire, so I’m looking for a new pair. I believe it’s going to be either the same model from Karen Walker, or Jackie Ohh’s from Rayban. 

The things I’ve upgraded: 
1. Grey pashmina – yes, that one from Thailand. It lost all of its shape, so it’s time for it to go. I forgot to mention what I've updated it with, but it's a nice wool scarf in a very similar colour I brough from Ukraine in January. It's a few years old, but the quality is very high and I know it will serve for a very long time. 
2. Backpack – it lost most of it colour because of the sun and started to rip. So I already upgraded it with a backpack from Kanken (you can see it in the video).

revisited-02

And the last category is the things that I already said goodbye to. Here we have only one item – my grey t-shirt. I donated it some time ago, as I noticed that I stopped wearing it and tend to chose other, lighter tees over it. 

So this is how the things are. I'm actually quite happy to say goodbye to older things, as nothing can serve us forever, and also out style changes with years. So it means I will have more space for new, exciting things. But still it;s very nice to say goodbye to items, that proven to be of such a great quality.

Thank you for reading, and see you around!

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар