неділю, 28 листопада 2010 р.

First snow

While I was writing my last post, it started snowing. It's dark outside (well, it's actually 1.22 a.m now))), but the snow is so clean and wonderful in the streetlights.
It's so symbolic - today (or technicaly yesterday, on November 27) is the Victims of Great Hunger (of 1932-1933) Remembrance Day, and on this day there's a candle light in almost every window. So there's candles, snow and night. I've even opened the window to smell the fresh snow.
Happy first snow, Kyiv!



The picture is by REUTERS/Konstantin Chernichkin (UKRAINE)
A couple kisses on Kiev's Bridge of Lovers on Valentine's Day

2 коментарі:

  1. Sounds cozy and lovely. I always feel a little festive when the first snows come, in late November or early December. It's fun to put up Christmas lights then, and light candles and wrap presents. It's the dirty, boring, icy, wearying snows of January, February, March that I hate!

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. Hi, just found your beautiful blog! I love this post :)

    am following you

    <3 Anika
    http://www.sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @AnikaSweetface

    ВідповістиВидалити