четвер, 11 листопада 2010 р.

My beautiful city

Last Saturday my friends bought us tickets for the tour to see some beautiful and unknown (even to us) parts of our city. They wanted to cheer me up and they succeded. It was an amazing day - golden autumn leaves, amazing pieces of architecture and places I've never seen before (and I'm always a guide for all of my friends).
It was a magical day and a magical walk around our magical city (it's true - Kiev is well known for being a homeland to everything witchy and magical. There's a saying that every girl and woman in Kiev is a witch).
IMG_1986

I'm wearing almost the same stuff I wore in windmill post + traditional Ukrainian shawl, black with flowers on it (belonged to my great-grandma))).
This places are not the ones tourists often visits (I lived here almost all of my life and have never seen lot's of this places)), but they are amazing))


IMG_1971St. Michael's cathedral. Saint Michael is the father patron of Kiev. IMG_1985

IMG_1991

IMG_1992

IMG_1994

IMG_2007 
Mosaic on the wall of one of the buildings)) IMG_2005 Ceramic bells on a willow tree. IMG_1999

IMG_2008
The cutest wooden statue of ballerina, in honor of an old ballerina, who lives near by)))
I hope you enjoyed the Kiev city tour as much as I did)) Natasha invited me to go on the other tour this Saturday, and I think I'm gonna go)))

1 коментар:

  1. Thank you for the tour, Marina! I enjoy seeing bloggers' cities, especially if they are cities one doesn't see as

    I especially like the local large art -- the child mosaic, the ceramic bells in the tree, the ballerina, and the horn-tooter on the cushions. Magical indeed. I'm glad you had some cheering time with your friends, on a fresh autumn day.

    ВідповістиВидалити