неділю, 23 грудня 2012 р.

Lithuania, day 7 - Sudie, Vilnius!

Here, in Ukraine, we say that leaving on a rainy day brings good fortune. We also say that if it rains when you leave a place, it means it cries for you. I so want it to be true.
It rained that day and leaving Vilnius broke my heart. I fell in love with the city in just one week. It's so cute and busy, and has so many great events. It also is so much smaller than Kyiv, so I felt so comfortable and peacefull there. I hope to return to Vilnius many and many times in the future.

В Україні кажуть, що їхати кудись у дощ - добра прикмета. А ще кажуть - якщо ти залишаєш якесь місце, коли дощить, це воно плаче за тобою. Мені чомусь дуже хочеться вірити, що так і є. 
У той день йшов дощ, і я ледь не плакала, залишаючи Вільнюс. Я закохалась у нього за цей тиждень. Це місто дуже миле та цікаве, тут відбувається стільки чудових подій щодня. Водночас воно набагато менше за Київ, тому мені там було дуже спокійно та затишно. Я сподіваюся повертатись до Вільнюса знову і знову.

IMG_4814 (563x750)

I wore/Я вдягала:
Dress - thrifted (H&M, I guess)
Jean jacket - Jennifer (I bought it when I was still at university, so it's like 10 years old)))
Ballerinas - Blink
Bag - Centro


IMG_4808 (563x422)

We went back to one of my favoite places in Vilnius - The Gate of Dawn, and I went upstairs to listen to the ceremony a bit. I'm not very religious, but I felt like I needed to go there. I was a bit shoked when I realised I can understand the priest's words - I've managed to learn a few words in Lithuanian, but not as many. Then I realised that the ceremony was in not Lithuanian, but in Polish, which I actually can understand, 'cause it sounds a lot like Ukrainian. Sometimes I am a really ridiculous person)

 Ми пішли до одного з моїх улюблених місць - Воріт Світанку, і я пішла нагору, щоб трохи послухати службу. Я не дуже релігійна, але тоді мені хотілося саме цього. Я навіть злякалась, коли почала розуміти, що каже священник. Я звісно вивчила кілька слів литовською, але ж не стільки! І лише за кілька хвилин до мене дійшло, що служба польською, а не литовською. Іноді я дивую сама себе)
IMG_4807 (563x750)

People are listening the ceremony on the street, through open windows.

Люди коло Воріт Світанку слухають службу навіть просто з вулиці - крізь відкриті вікна. 

IMG_4809 (563x422)

Then we went to the flea market I really liked a few days ago. I found some nice pieces there and met really nice people - girls, who sell vintage jewelry and handmade jewelry boxes.

Потім ми пішли на блошиний ринок, який мені дуже сподобався раніше. Я там знайшла кілька чудових дрібничок та познайомилась з кількома цікавими людьми - дівчатами, що продавали вінтажні прикраси та саморобні скриньки.

IMG_5121 (563x422)

That's what I bought for myself - an owl broach, a pair of matching owl earrings and a "tooth" pendant (later, when I came back to Kyiv, I picked a chain to add to it). I also bought a jewelry box as a gift for a friend I stayed with while in Lithuania (I really hope she liked it) and got a long string of beads as a gift from the seller (the beads awaits for their DIY time))

Ось, що я купила - брошку та сережки з совами, та підвіску-"зуб", до якої вже в Києві додала ланцюжок. Ще я купила скриньку для прикрас у подарунок подрузі, в якої жила у Вільнюсі (дуже сподіваюсь, що їй сподобалось) і отримала у подарунок від продавщиці довгу нитку намистинок (вони чекають свого часу у скриньці для хендмейду).

IMG_4815 (563x422)

Then we went for an early diner at the vegetarian place I liked so much - Balti Drambliai. And then we went home, packed and got on the bus to Kyiv to continue our holiday (stay tuned, I'm telling you about Kyiv and Lviv later).
Sudie, Vilnius! I can't wait to say "Laba diena!" to you again.

Потім ми пообідали у Білих Слонах, вегетаріанському ресторані, який мені так сподобався. А потім повернулись додому. спакувались та сіли на автобус до Києва, щоб продовжити наші канікули (не перемикайте канал, далі буде розповідь про Київ та Львів).
Sudie, Вільнюсе! Дуже хочу знову сказати тобі: "Laba diena!".

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар